Posted: 26 October, 2016
Could Another Samsung Phone Be In Trouble?
US User Claims His Galaxy S7 Edge Caught Fire While Charging
Samsung could be dealing with more exploding phone dramas, with a Galaxy S7 Edge user in the US claiming his device caught fire while it was charging.
Tech website PhoneArena were made aware of the incident, from someone who works at one of the countries biggest wireless carriers.
"The source, who asked for anonymity, says that a customer just came into the store he works at with a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge that had exploded," the website said.
"The sad thing for the customer, is that he just received the unit two weeks ago after turning in his Galaxy Note 7 (version 2 with the "safe" battery)."
"According to the owner, it was charging overnight using the OEM charger."
Samsung are yet to comment on the specific incident.
A recent survey has found since the Note 7 debacle, 40 per cent of people who own a Samsung handset will never buy another Samsung smartphone.